Practical workshops for conferences and training in educational and corporate contexts
Managing Change and Dealing with Capability Issues
“Theatre is a Dress Rehearsal for Life” Augusto Boal
State of Play’s new 3 hour workshop enables managers to develop creative leadership skills in order to manage essential workplace change successfully.
The workshop includes:
- State of Play’s actors perform a short, but powerful and relevant scenario, devised in close collaboration with the commissioning clients. The scene focuses on an impromptu office meeting, at which a manager struggles to deal with an angry member of staff.
- A phase of Forum Theatre ensues in which delegates work as a supportive team to review the fictional manager’s success in handling the challenge and trying out alternative ways for her to improve her performance.
- In the final phase, delegates work in pairs on a follow-up formal interview procedure to deal with the staff member’s capability issues. The session concludes with refelction and Action Planning.
“Excellent….gave me the opportunity to hear others’ solutions and experiment with putting things into words”
“The informal setting made me relaxed and engaged”
“Great – really inter-active”
– Feedback from Bournemouth Borough Council Managers, 2013
Schools, Colleges and Universities
Using drama to stimulate the creative curriculum:
- Whole group role-play to develop skills in speaking and listening
- Nurturing problem-solving and teamwork
- Techniques for Oral Storytelling
- Mantle of the Expert
- Theatre in Education
- Community Theatre
- Theatre in the Round
- Forum Theatre
- Pupil Voice and Open questioning
Forum Theatre to support training in:
- Skills development in management and teamwork
- Dealing with Challenges
- Managing People
- Equal Opportunities
- Cultural Diversity
“Gave me lots of ideas and encouragement…inspired me in my practice”
– comments by pre-school practitioners on our Bournemouth Borough Council Early Years Project, 2009